Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!



In honor of the holiday, I want to feature something green. Okay, before I go any further, I want to say that by now, I am a little sick of corned beef and cabbage, after serving it all last night; I did taste it, and it's not that bad. It's...an aqquired taste. But I want no more of it!


I fell in love with these green glass bell flowers some time ago~ they are called wasbi, and they have a beautiful matte finish. I have ued them in hopes of making some pretty bold looking earrings, and I am happy to say, I really like the feedback I am getting. These are the earrings I am most proud of (they are at left). I was about to put a lighter and delicate pink bell flower on these wonderful sterling earwires, but something told me to put beads that would contrast more, so I used these wasbi green flowers.



I would also like to promote something else that is green. I just received this in the mail from one of my favorite bath and body shops on Etsy, DressGreen (http://www.dressgreen.etsy.com/). It's this wonderful hand salve, called "Green Thumb Hand Repair". It's made of all these wonderful butters and oils that are good for my hands! I tried it on my hands and they make them very soft. I have a problem with my right hand after I burned it kinda badly a couple of years ago~ the skin gets really dry sometimes and starts looking like its peeling. This helps it! I love everything from DressGreen, and I haven't yet tried everything. Her pictures make everything look gorgeous~ they all scream "Buy me!". I have one of her lip balms, and when I run out I want to try another one of her flavors.


No comments: