Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Study in Color


Berry Martini Necklace
Originally uploaded by cymbaline84
I have just started to work with cabochons, after quite a while of sttering clear from them. When I first started, I used to scoff at beads that didn't have any holes in them~ what on Earth could I use them for? But I studied some ways to incorporate them into jewelry designs. In this necklace I have paired a raspberry wine hued flower cabochon with a large filigree flower. I then did something I don't normally do: matched this raspberry tone with a complimentary color, rather than something that matched it. I really love the efect! I studied a color wheel and saw that raspberry was a shade of red, which was complimentary to green. I paired this cabochon with beautiful muted olive green beads. This proves that you don't have to match things perfectly (say if I used a pink bead instead) to have a wonderful look!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

Good Dirt Jewelry said...

This is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I lovee your jewelry!!