Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Little Photo Editing



All this past weekend I have tried several different ways of photographing my white toned pieces of jewelry, most notably the white pearls. I was originally putting them on a white shell, only because I love the matteness the surface of the shell gave off. But the white on white was too much. Paired with silver, the earrings barely showed up in a picture at all! I asked my fellow Etsians about my different experiments with backgrounds for my pearl jewelry, from gray paper to warm amber toned wood. Someone then came up with a great idea to use sand in the shell~ it would provide a contrast, and actually go along with the concept of the pearls being from the water. I scoured my local craft store and purchased a bag of natural toned craft sand. The picture to the left is what I came up with, and the picture to the right of it is my original picture.














I was pleased with the way it turned out~ the background contrasts the pearls, but it is a softer color at the same time. Thank you fellow Etsians for all your wonderful help!

4 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

These earrings are gorgeous.

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

The picture with the sand came out beautiful!!

Sherri Gallagher said...

I do coin pearl earrings also. I always have trouble taking pictures of white. This is great info. Thanks!