Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Little Photo Editing



All this past weekend I have tried several different ways of photographing my white toned pieces of jewelry, most notably the white pearls. I was originally putting them on a white shell, only because I love the matteness the surface of the shell gave off. But the white on white was too much. Paired with silver, the earrings barely showed up in a picture at all! I asked my fellow Etsians about my different experiments with backgrounds for my pearl jewelry, from gray paper to warm amber toned wood. Someone then came up with a great idea to use sand in the shell~ it would provide a contrast, and actually go along with the concept of the pearls being from the water. I scoured my local craft store and purchased a bag of natural toned craft sand. The picture to the left is what I came up with, and the picture to the right of it is my original picture.














I was pleased with the way it turned out~ the background contrasts the pearls, but it is a softer color at the same time. Thank you fellow Etsians for all your wonderful help!

6 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

These earrings are gorgeous.

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

The picture with the sand came out beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I do coin pearl earrings also. I always have trouble taking pictures of white. This is great info. Thanks!

Smith said...

Excellent editing! Especially background removal seems very professional. Keep it up.

Rashed Shaon said...

Your editing effort is appreciable. You can now easily edit your photos with PicsArt Photo Editor. It is one of the most versatile editing apps on the market. You have a powerful in-app camera, plus tools and presets to no end. You can do anything with PicsArt, from professional applications like time-lapse photography to fun stickers and drawing.

PicsArt Photo Editor also has social media integration, as well as thematic contests that will spark your creativity.